Because I didn’t have time to work on my project after the official start because of exams and vacation I started working the weeks before.
The first part consisted of designing and implementing new control widgets for layers with more functionality. After some inital atteps that didn’t look good, nekohayo (btw my super helpful mentor) jumped in and helped me to review and improve the designs. We ended with these mockups in Glade:
Then I started implementing them using pygtk. Unfortunately we still have to use Gtk+ 2 so we don’t get the cool new style. Furthermore I didn’t yet find a way to make a container widget selectable, so I added the ‘Delete’ button to delete layers. However this should be gone in the final version.
The next step was to use these new widgets in the PiTiVi interface. I’ll cover this in the next post!